Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Vision for Library Girl Reads

First, a little about me: My name is Angela and I have worked in libraries for over 10 years. I absolutely love to read and have since I was a kid. Summer nights my mom would find me in bed with a book and a flashlight long after lights out. Five years ago I married a wonderful man who also loves to read. It won't be too long before we need to buy another bookshelf! We are expecting our first child within the next few weeks so I'm now going to be a stay at home mom.

My vision for this blog is to share books with others by posting my thoughts and opinions on a variety of titles. While our home collection is mainly fantasy fiction and historical fiction, I am a frequent visitor to our local library which expands my range of reading. I hope to review recently released titles often; however older titles will also appear as I reread some of my favorites. I also participate in an Early Reviewers Group at Library Thing so I may have the opportunity to review some titles that have not yet been published.

While the focus of this blog will be on books, I may also post reviews of products on occasion. These posts will be rare as I will only review products I feel extremely strongly about (whether positively or negatively).

1 comment:

  1. I love reading first posts :) And now I'm guessing that you are a librarian! I've been teaching for a little now but I will start my first school library job in August. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)