Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge

J. Kaye is hosting several reading challenges for 2009 on her blog. I have never participated in a reading challenge before but I am excited to do so this year. For the Support Your Library Reading Challenge, J. Kaye is allowing participants to choose their challenge level. The options are to read 12, 25, or 50 books checked out from your local library this year. To sign up for this challenge check out J. Kaye's sign up post here.

Although I have a huge list of books that I want to read this year and many of them are available through either my local library or the new expanded library system, I am only committing myself to 12 books this year due to limited reading time. If I do manage to check out and finish more than 12 books I will list them here as well.

2009 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge List

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
2. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (Darkest Powers book 1)
3. Timeline by Michael Crichton (audio CD)
4. Ill Wind by Rachel Caine (Weather Warden book 1)
5. Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine (Weather Warden book 2)
6. Chill Factor by Rachel Caine (Weather Warden book 3)
7. Undone by Brooke Taylor
8. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong (Darkest Powers book 2)
9. The Mask of Ra by P. C. Doherty (Egyptian Mysteries book 1)
10. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments book 1)
11. Dhampir by Barb & J. C. Hendee (Noble Dead book 1)
12. The Ultimate Smoothie Book by Cherie Calbom

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)