To continue the blog tour for Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker by Emma Hox, here are a few facts about Jane Austen...
Obtained from the Jane Austen Society:
• Jane Austen was born in 1775 as the seventh of eight children.
• Her works mark the transition in English literature from 18th century neo-classicism to 19th century romanticism.
• Jane Austen wrote her first novel at 14, Love and Friendship (sic).
• In her twenties, Jane Austen wrote the novels that would later be re-worked and published as Sense and Sensibility (published in 1811), Pride and Prejudice (published in 1813) and Northanger Abbey (published in 1818, the year after her death)
• The books published in Jane Austen’s lifetime did not carry her name. Instead, they were written “By a Lady.”
• Jane Austen died of Addison’s Disease in 1817 at 41 years old. Her body is buried in Winchester Cathedral.
Note: All opinions provided on this blog are my own. If a product was given to me for review, the source of that product is noted in the post. Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links and I do earn a small percentage for each item purchased through those links. Any other referral or associate links will be noted within the post.