Visit Project Purse Club
This blog post is going to be a bit different today. I'm not talking about books or authors but about blogging. Women in blogging to be exact. Over at Project Purse Club, we talk a lot about supporting each other in blogging, business, motherhood, and life in general. We share our successes and challenges, ask questions and answer them, and hold each other up in the good and the bad. It is a wonderful community to be a part of and I would love for you to join us. (Oh, I almost forgot to mention - there is a purse giveaway every month!)
+Jacqueline Wilson gave us a challenge this week to write about why we love women bloggers. I know there are many more reasons than I have come up with here and I'm sure as I read other posts on the topic I'll have lots of "Oh I should have included that!" moments but here is what I came up with on the fly.
5 Reasons I Love Women Bloggers
1. Women talk about life, the universe, and everything (to steal a Douglas Adams title). This leads to a huge variety in blogging topics. Women blog about family, health, business, entertainment, social media, blogging, art, cooking, homeschooling, crafts, finances, faith, science... You name the subject and there is probably a woman out there who is blogging about it.
2. Women offer so many opportunities to learn from them. The wide variety of blogging topics leads to the sharing of a great deal of knowledge. I know that if I am looking for the answer to a question or a "how to" do something, I can most likely find it on a blog. I'm always discovering new things on the blogs I read regularly and through interaction with women bloggers in various groups that I'm a part of.
3. Women share their experiences in a way that I can relate to. We all have such different life experiences but by sharing a bit of ourselves we can connect to others that may have similar stories. The Internet has really opened up the world in this way. No longer do we have to search in our little corner of the world for that one person who might be going through the same thing that we are. The entire world is open to us and I think women have really embraced that concept by putting themselves out there so others can relate to their stories.
4. Women are passionate. Women use their blogs to support the causes they believe in. They advocate for those who cannot advocate for themselves. Women share their knowledge and their stories because they believe that they can reach out and help someone. When women channel this passion into positive pursuits, I truly believe that we can change the world.
5. All of the above points can lead to friendships among women bloggers. There are women who I met first through their blogs and who I have never met in person that I consider strong friends.
What are your favorite things about women bloggers? How can you use your blog to support and encourage women to pursue their dreams?
Note: All opinions presented in book and product reviews are my own. Opinions presented in posts authored by others reflect the view of the author only and not necessarily my view or opinion. If a product was given to me for review, the source of that product is noted in the post. Amazon and Book Depository links are affiliate links and I do earn a small amount for each purchase. Other affiliate links will be noted in the post.