Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Celebration Crossing at Indiana State Museum


Although Indianapolis has tons of great stuff for families to do all year long, I've never been great at getting us out of the house. Part of that was because I didn't really know where to find information about events that are appropriate for my kids. Now that I've discovered Indy with Kids I definitely don't have that excuse any more! When Katy invited a group of bloggers and their families to check out Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum, I jumped on board. We had never visited the Indiana State Museum and this sounded like the perfect opportunity to go.

Celebration Crossing offers fun for kids and adults alike. The big draw for us was riding the Santa Claus Express and the opportunity to see Santa. Even with the large group of bloggers, the line for the train went fairly quickly. On our way home Elizabeth declared that the best part was the train before we even had a chance to ask about her favorite activity.


I wasn't sure how visiting with Santa would go this year. Last year Victoria was fine but Elizabeth nearly strangled me when I tried to get her closer. This year Elizabeth gave Santa a huge hug and climbed right up on his lap! Victoria wasn't too sure at first but she did great too. I love how beautifully Santa's room is decorated. Photo packages may be purchased from the museum or parents are allowed to take photos from the doorway.

Santa's Playground was another fun part of our visit. There were a good variety of activities from crafts to games to a constantly changing playground built by the kids. I loved that I was able to see all areas of the room so I was comfortable taking a break and letting the kids figure out the activities on their own.

Celebration Crossing runs through December 31,  so there is still plenty of time to go check it out. Be sure to check the Indiana State Museum website for a list of dates and times for special events like Santa's Holiday Breakfast and Hoosier Radio Hour: A 1940's Christmas. Museum admission is $10 for adults and $5.50 for children (3 - 12). Parking is available at the White River State Park Garage for $3 for 3 hours with museum admission. The Indiana State Museum is also having a special free day on December 16, 2013.


Disclaimer: My family and I were given tickets to experience Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum as part of a blogger event. All photos and opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and accurately reflect our experience.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)