Monday, September 16, 2013

Celebrating Womanhood: Coming Together

Living, Learning, and Loving Life

The Celebrating Womanhood Event is being hosted by
Living, Learning, and Loving Life, Cabin Goddess, and Tea with Dee.

Have you ever witnessed the power of women to come together after a tragedy? It is truly a force of nature as the troops rally around the family that is hurting. Meals are prepared, visits are made, phone calls and twitter messages fly, and funds are raised all while shedding tears and sharing in the pain that can never be taken away.

I am still being introduced to the community of women bloggers here in Indiana but recently I saw their power in action. It was not their power to gain sponsorships, to represent brands, or their business savvy that grabbed my attention (although they are fabulous at those things too). It was the power of their community, their love, and the ability to rally around one of their own. On September 3rd and 4th, the Indy With Kids family lived every parents' worst nightmare when their beautiful 2 month old baby girl was taken to the hospital and failed to recover over night. Shaundi died and the Indiana blogging community wept with Katy, Jacob, LuLu, and Scout. Prayers started going up as soon as they were asked for and they haven't stopped since. Love For Shaundi started with a hashtag and a Go Fund Me donation site. Cookies were baked by the dozen to represent the birthdays Shaundi would never have and balloons carried messages to heaven.
Messages to Heaven Photo Credit WritRams

While nothing will ever take away the pain the Mann family is experiencing, these women are surrounding the family with love and walking alongside them on this difficult journey. I am humbled to be a part of this community and to know that I have friends who would jump in and do the same for me if my family were in need.

Note: All opinions presented in book and product reviews are my own. Opinions presented in posts authored by others reflect the view of the author only and not necessarily my view or opinion.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)