Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Secret Doorway Beyond Imagination by Paul Hutchins


Title: The Secret Doorway Beyond Imagination
Author: Paul Hutchins
Publisher: Imagination Publishing
Publication Date: March 2009
Format: Hardcover, 198 pages
Age Group: Adult, non-fiction

In The Secret Doorway Beyond Imagination author Paul Hutchins uses images from the Hubble and Spitzer telescopes to discuss the origination of our universe and what he calls its Grand Design. While the numerous pictures in this book are beautiful and awe-inspiring, I had great difficulty reading the text. As I did not actually finish reading the book this is not going to be a typical review but instead a guide to more information about the book.

An obvious place to start is the main website for the book - The Secret Doorway.

There are also several reviews of this book on various book blogs. Here are just a few of those:

Book Pleasures review
Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books review
Coffee Time Romance and More review

The review at Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books sums up my feelings on this book better than I probably could at this point. The other two reviews are more positive.

One thing noted at Book Pleasures that I found to be true as well is that, although this book is hardcover, the interior spine split very easily and I'm sure if I had continued reading the pages probably would have started falling out. At a cost of $34.95, I would be very upset about this.

Thank you to Shelby at Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists for sending me a copy of The Secret Doorway Beyond Imagination.

Random Thought: When my husband saw this book sitting on the end table, he thought it was a fiction book and was quite disappointed when I told him it was non-fiction. He thought the cover and title would be great for a science fiction or fantasy book and I completely agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)