Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Get a Book in Your McDonald's Happy Meal

Yesterday I wrote about how much I loved reading as a child and how much my girls and I read together. Books are a huge part of our daily lives and a great tool for learning and growing our imaginations. I'm excited that McDonald's is celebrating reading by offering books instead of toys in Happy Meals through November 14. Each Happy Meal will include one of four books that focuses on nutrition or active play presented in a fun story that kids will love.

McDonald's Happy Meal Books

The four limited edition titles are:
  • The Goat Who Ate Everything – Tells a story of a goat who has a big appetite and struggles to eat right. But when he does, he feels great and becomes the playful ‘kid’ everyone loves.
  • Deana’s Big Dreams – Shares how Deana, the world’s smallest dinosaur, grew tall by eating right.
  • Ant, Can’t – Features Ant, a bite-­‐sized bodybuilder who’s big on encouraging physical fitness through exercise and eating right.
  • Doddi the Dodo Goes to Orlando – Follows happy-­‐go-­‐lucky bird Doddi who travels the world. She eats right because this dodo is always on the go-­‐go.
McDonald's Give A Book, Get A Book

Indy with Kids has partnered with McDonald’s of Central Indiana for the local, “Give a Book, Get a Book” campaign.

November 1st-14th, book donation sites will be set up around the area at the Ronald McDonald House, local libraries and Indy Reads Bookstore. In exchange for the donation of a new or gently used children’s book, customers will receive a Be Our Guest card for a free Happy Meal. In addition, participating libraries will host a “Happy Meal Day” with activities for kids and McDonald’s Happy Meal books.

I'm sure the girls and I will be grabbing a Happy Meal sometime in the next week. Is there really such a thing as too many books? Naw, I didn't think so!

Mom Tip: If your kids are young and willing to share grab one Mighty Kids meal to split. 6 chicken nuggets is plenty for my girls, they share the apple slices, & there are extra fries for me.

Happy Meal Giveaways

Several of my fellow Central Indiana bloggers are giving away Happy Meal prize packs. Go forth and enter quickly because these won't be open long.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)